Would you like to be part of the UK and Ireland Teams competing at The World Angus Forum Youth Competition in Australia in 2021?
- You will need to have attended a YDP Workshop in the last 3 years.
- Participants will need to be 18-25 years of age as at Monday 19th April 2021.
- Be available to check in Sunday 18th April – check out Thursday 29th April 2021 in Australia.
- Take part in an organised programme of activities designed to train and prepare the teams in advance.
- Be prepared to engage in fundraising activities as part of the teams, to support the team costs.
- Submit a CV and full covering letter explain why you wish to be selected for 2021?
Information to date:
- Each Angus Association around the world is invited to nominate teams of four to participate in this competition and educational opportunity.
- The Youth event will begin in Sydney, New South Wales on Monday 19th April 2021 and culminate with the awards presentation with the conclusion of the technical forum in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory on Wednesday 28th April 2021.
- Youth participants are welcome to extend their visit to attend the post tour from 29th from Canberra to Rockhampton, Queensland on Monday 3rd May 2021. Separate booking will be required.
- Along the way teams will be involved in public speaking, cattle assessment, cattle preparation and handling, a young farmers challenge, team topic presentations and team building activities, while also being given the opportunity for farm visits during the tours and being able to attend the technical sessions and any associated functions.
The Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society will:
- Organise and make the team selections.
- Provide financial help towards the team nomination fees which will cover all meals, travel and accommodation.
- Liaise with the World Angus Forum Australia Organisation.
- Arrange team opportunities for participation and training.
The Selection Board’s first meeting will be on Monday 3rd February at the Stirling Bull Sales, to plan the selection process and training days. Please have a chat with the YDP Co-ordinators there if you are going. If you would like to find out more and/or be considered for the team, please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you would wish to go, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1st March 2020. For more information, contact any of the Regional or National Co-ordinators. All contact details on the YDP page on the Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society website.