The YDP Senior Conference is designed for young beef farmers and young people from any breed or college, who are aged 18-26 yrs. It is designed to enhance and develop the knowledge and experiences of the senior members through visits, workshops, presentations and social activities based around the rearing and keeping of beef suckler cattle.
Transfers will be available for members flying into the Birmingham airport to the venues. These will be around 8.30am Friday morning and return flights after 3.30pm on Sunday afternoon. Transport will be made available for those that require it to the day venues.
You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place on the visit. Cost of the event will be £80 payable with your booking form. This covers Bed & Breakfast, Coach transfer, programme and speakers.
- Visit to Dunbia Processing Plant, Cardington, Bedford
- Dinner (Payable by candidate)
SATURDAY (DRAFT programme so far includes):
- Arrive, tea & coffee (provided)
- Welcome from Paul Westaway at Melview Herd, Dymock
- Suckler Cow Body Condition Scoring Workshop – Clive Davies
- Rotational Grazing – Grassland Consultant; Marc Jones (TBC)
- Beef Genetics/Carcase Traits/Genomics – AHDB, Alex Brown/Emma Steel
- Light Lunch (provided)
- Paul Westaway – Adding value to beef suckler farming at Melview
- Depart Melview
- Tea/Coffee at Banbury Hotel (provided)
- Bob Havard, guest speaker: Pedigree Angus organic breeder: Efficiency and Production Costs of Organic Beef Production
- Question Time!
- Dinner in Banbury (payable by candidate)
SUNDAY: Farm visit to Glympton Pedigree Aberdeen-Angus Herd with Stock judging.
Programme may be subject to change.
KIT LIST: CLEAN FARM BOOTS AND WARM COAT.
Please complete Application Form and post cheque for £80 to the Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society or pay by BACS. If making BACS payment please quote your SURNAME and YDPSC. All information required for payment can be found on the Application Form.
If you require any further information please email email@example.com or call 07711810354.