We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Committed – long term position
- Motivation to improve and progress the herd •Communication skills for liaising with existing and new customers
Alongside these qualities, you must be able to demonstrate experience and proven skills in:
- Cattle stockmanship/ showing skills.
- Breeding cattle management, calving and youngstock rearing.
- General tractor work – grass fieldwork, feeding and bedding.
- Tidiness and attention to detail.
- Hold a UK Driver Licence and Cattle Trailer Licence.
The farm is farmed on a simple but effective grass based system.
You will be responsible for:
- Our Pedigree Red and Black AA cattle herd of approx 120 cows who are run alongside 20 commercial cows. The focus going forward will be to prepare bulls and females for AA sales and shows as well as continuing selling stock from home.
We seek to improve continuously and are ready to take things to the next level.
- Ensuring the Herd Health Plan is implemented accurately and medicine records maintained.
- Maintenance and improvement to farm infrastructure, fences, drains, yard and buildings.
- Fieldwork preparation of our grazing land and the making of pit and bale silage for our own use.
Please get in touch to note your interest and discuss the position further. firstname.lastname@example.org