Statement from McCartney’s at Worcester Livestock Market:
Taking the advice and government guidance along with the Livestock Auctioneers Association the following changes will apply to the sale to still allow it to proceed:
- There will be NO SHOW.
- The inspection will take place from 7am – 11am on Saturday 4th April followed by the sale that will be open to parties with the intention of purchasing only – No bystanders will be allowed into the building.
- This will allow the auction to take place with the special awareness of 2m being observed.
- Cattle travelling from further afield will still be welcome on Friday evening as normal.
- Hotels are still working as it stands at the moment but there are no pubs or restaurants operating other than for a takeaway food service in the locality.
- The Café at the Mart will be open only for a takeaway service and no congregations in the canteen will be available.
The Mart will be sending letters to all with the catalogue mailing.
It is very important for the reputations of both the Market and the Society remain intact, and their should be no risk through our actions at any point that would be deemed to be irresponsible in the current climate of restrictions on people movement and gatherings.
For anymore information please contact Worcester Livestock Market: 01905 769770