An amazing opportunity if you would like to develop your career as a stockman through the Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary. Please find details of how you can apply below:
Previous intent of award (Godfrey Neal Travel Award)
This award was previously intended to provide a contribution to the travel costs of young stockman who had expressed an interest in travelling abroad to further their knowledge of the Aberdeen-Angus breed. It is now intended to broaden the previous intent of this award to contribute to the costs of training related to a career as a cattle stockman.
Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary
An annual sum in the range £200 – £500 will be made available to a young person who has expressed an interest in training to become a stockman. All suitable and related courses will be considered such as:
- Travel to a country with a background and history of breeding beef cattle.
- AI cattle courses.
- Foot trimming courses.
- Stockman skills.
- Trailer tests.
The above courses are intended to give an indication and are not limited to these.
Candidates should apply by email or writing to: Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society, Pedigree House, 6 Kings Place, Perth, Scotland PH2 8AD or firstname.lastname@example.org (titled – The Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Award) outlining their proposal and how they would use the funds. The applications should be submitted by Friday 14th August 2020 . The sum will be awarded end of August 2020.
Rules to apply:
- Candidates should be in the age range of 16-24 years old.
- The funds must be spent on the furtherance of their career in livestock farming.
- A background in a broad range of beef breeds would be considered.
- The candidate would be expected to provide a report or make a brief presentation on what they gained from the award and whether there were other topics of livestock training that would benefit from being included in the scope of the award.