The Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary is a truly amazing opportunity for all young people who would like to develop their career as a stockman or woman. Below you will find everything you need to know about the award and how to apply.
Applications close on 31st July 2019 and we are excited to receive and read all of your entries. Good luck!
The background of the award
While it was first proposed to be a travel bursary, the Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary is now intended to broaden the previous intent of this award by contributing to the costs of training related to a career as a cattle stockman or woman.
The value of the award
While the benefit of the experience and training this award offers cannot have a number assigned to it, in monetary terms the grant awarded ranges from £200 – £500 (or the equivalent in Euros for Rep. Ireland).
The awarded sum will be made available to a young person who has expressed their particular interest in training to become a stockman or woman. Applications for all suitable and related courses, experiences, and learning expenses will be considered for funding, including but not limited to:
• Travel to a country with a renowned history of breeding beef cattle.
• AI cattle courses.
• Foot trimming courses.
• Stockman skills.
• Trailer tests.
Rules of the award
• Candidates should be within the age range of 16-24 years old.
• The funds must be spent on the furtherance of their career in livestock farming.
• A background in a broad range of beef breeds would be considered.
• Applications should be submitted by the 31st July 2019.
• The sum will be awarded mid-August 2019.
• Successful candidates would later be expected to provide a report or make a brief presentation on what they gained from the award and whether or not they feel there are other topics of livestock training that would be beneficial to include in the scope of the award.
How to apply
Candidates should apply by outlining their proposal for why they would like to receive the award and how they would use the funds if they were successful.
Below is a useful link to view the successful applications from 2018, which will perhaps help guide and inspire your own entry.
The Godfrey Neal Award Winners 2018
Submitting your entry
Please entitle all entries ‘The Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Award 2019’, and submit them either in writing or via email to the addresses below:
Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society,
6 Kings Place,
E-mail to email@example.com
Don’t delay, apply today!
This truly is an opportunity not to be missed for all young people eager to boost their career for the future. And again, good luck to one and all.