We have summarised the latest news and developments from another busy and exciting week at The Society.
Shows and sales
- Yvonne in the office is busy collating feedback from clubs throughout the country to allow us to provide promotional material as necessary for the upcoming busy show and sale season. We know requests have been made in the but any information you can give us is great so we can give clubs as much support as we can.
- Senior Vice President, Angela McGregor met with Robin Hatfield at the end of last. He was extremely helpful and we are looking forward to working with him for another year.
- The Dungannon Show and Sale took place on Tuesday 18th April. Three lots shared the top price tag of 3,000gns. Four bulls were traded to average £3,045 – an increase of £750 on this time last year. Read more here: http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/dungannon-show-and-sale/.
- A successful sale took place at Gigginstown on the 15th April. We are just awaiting the final report information and will be able to share the full details with you on Monday.
- The Worcester Sale took place on 14th April and was a great success, with a top price of 4,350gns. Click here for the class results and some photographs from the event: http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/worcester-sale/.
- Senior Vice President, Angela McGregor attended the West Mercia AGM and was inspired by the enthusiasm from Chairman John James and his team. We’re looking forward to working with the club over the busy summer season and would like to congratulate them on the successful Worcester sale!
Youth Development Programme
- We take magnificent pride in our Youth Development Programme which gives young people the chance to learn a wide range of different skills, all while making great friends along the way. This weekend’s workshop is thanks to Shadwell Estates, and we’re sure to replicate the success of last week’s workshop.
- Did you read the news story from Lottie Hill telling us about her experience last weekend? It’s great to hear how the workshop has benefited her – read it here: http://aberdeen-angus.co.uk/news/aberdeen-angus-youth-development-programme-comes-to-brymore-somerset/.
- A huge congratulations is extended to Mark Wattie from Alford, Alex Stevens from Fettercairn and Chris Adamson from Bridgewater who all completed the City & Guilds award on the back of our latest workshop. The award is 5 units from a level 2 work based diploma in Agriculture, and is our own unique award in conjunction with Duchy Agricultural College.
World Angus Forum
- We have 8 weeks until the World Angus Forum 2017 kicks off and the Local Organising Committee had another productive meeting, the team had Mark Lawerence from sponsor’s Allflex along to engage in the discussions surrounding the technical element of the conference. Details for developing and expanding the plan for another media push to promote the event across the UK is now under way with Denvir. If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet or would like to know more about it , then please visit www.worldangusforum2017.com or contact Jude, Sharon or Megan at Conference Partners on +44 (0) 131 3060120 or Hazel [email protected] / +44 (0) 7938 247357 for more information.