The deadline for entries into the Interbreed Cattle Young Handler Competition for this year’s Royal Welsh Show is 15th June 2018.
The Competition will be judged in the Cattle Ring on Wednesday, 25 July 2018. This year, each breed society will be permitted to nominate up to five potential competitors, but will only be able to put forward two persons for the competition on the day. The competitors should be showing an animal of the relevant breeding to that breed society and will be judged as a pair.
Please note the rules of the competition listed below:-
- Only cattle entered in the open classes by the closing date of entries may be used for this competition.
- The cattle must be entered in accordance with the rules of the Livestock Schedule.
- The cattle do not have to be the property of the competitor.
- Only maiden or in-calf heifers will be allowed. NO BULLS or STEERS.
- The Judge will judge the ability of the handler to control and show the cattle and not the quality of the cattle. However the cattle must be shown to its best advantage to the Judge.
- The Judge will not request competitors to handle each other’s exhibits in the ring.
- Age limit of handler: 14 – 26 years of age on Monday, 23 July 2018.
- The Name and date of birth of competitors must be stated on the breed societies nomination.
- Competitors will NOT receive an admission ticket for this competition
- All entries must adhere to the general rules and regulations as stated in the Society’s Livestock Schedule.
- All competitors/breed society representative should declare at the Cattle Foreman’s Hut between 1.00 pm and 5.00 pm Monday, 23 July 2018.
The competitors will compete for the following prizes: –
- Champion – the Eifion Green Award, £60 and RWAS Championship Rosette.
- Reserve Champion – £40 and Reserve Championship Rosette.
- All other competitors forward will receive £15