An amazing opportunity if you would like to develop your career as a stockman through the Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary. Please find details of how you can apply below:
Previous intent of award (Godfrey Neal Travel Award)
This award was previously intended to provide a contribution to the travel costs of young stockman who had expressed an interest in travelling abroad to further their knowledge of the Aberdeen-Angus breed. It is now intended to broaden the previous intent of this award to contribute to the costs of training related to a career as a cattle stockman.
Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Annual Bursary
An annual sum in the range £200 – £500 will be made available to a young person who has expressed an interest in training to become a stockman. All suitable and related courses will be considered such as:
- Travel to a country with a background and history of breeding beef cattle.
- AI cattle courses.
- Foot trimming courses.
- Stockman skills
- Trailer tests.
The above courses are intended to give an indication and are not limited to these.
Candidates should apply by email or writing to: Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society, Pedigree House, 6 Kinds Place, Perth, Scotland PH2 8AD or email@example.com (titled – The Godfrey Neal Young Stockman Award) outlining their proposal and how they would use the funds. The applications should be submitted by the 31st July 2018. The sum will be awarded mid August 2018.
Rules to apply:
- Candidates should be in the age range of 16-24 years old.
- The funds must be spent on the furtherance of their career in livestock farming.
- A background in a broad range of beef breeds would be considered.
- The candidate would be expected to provide a report or make a brief presentation on what they gained from the award and whether there were other topics of livestock training that would benefit from being included in the scope of the award.