Royal Welsh Show – Interbreed Young Handlers Competition
The Royal Welsh Show will be the venue for this year’s Summer National Show and will also see the Interbreed Young Handlers Competition taking place, where the Society will have the opportunity to nominate 2 competitors to compete at the show. The competition will be judged in the cattle ring on Wednesday the 24th of July 2019. Competitors will be asked to show their animal to the Society and will be judged as a pair.
If interested in entering the competition, then please get in touch with the Society. You can contact the Society on 01738 622477 or by emailing: email@example.com.
The rules of the competition are shown below:
- Only cattle entered in the open classes by the closing date of entries may be used for this competition.
- The cattle must be entered in accordance with the rules of the Livestock Schedule.
- The cattle do not have to be the property of the competitor.
- Only maiden or in-calf heifers will be allowed. NO BULLS or STEERS.
- The Judge will judge the ability of the handler to control and show the cattle and not the quality of the cattle. However, the cattle must be shown to its best advantage to the Judge.
- The Judge will not request competitors to handle each other’s exhibits in the ring.
- Age limit of handler: 14 - 26 years of age on Monday, 22 July 2019.
- The Name and date of birth of competitors must be stated on the breed societies nomination.
- Competitors will NOT receive an admission ticket for this competition
- All entries must adhere to the general rules and regulations as stated in the Society’s Livestock Schedule.
- All competitors/breed society representative should declare at the Cattle Foreman’s Hut between 1.00 pm and 5.00 pm Monday, 22 July 2019.
Competitors will compete for the following prizes: -
- Champion – the Eifion Green Award, £60 and RWAS Championship Rosette.
- Reserve Champion - £40 and Reserve Championship Rosette.
- All other competitors forward will receive £15
We look forward to seeing many of our talented youngsters putting themselves forward for what is a great opportunity!